Filter by rating
City:
Product:

United American Insurance Company review: I had a wreck over the weekend

United American Insurance Company review - I had a wreck over the weekend
I had a wreck over the weekend and I believe the car is totaled. I need a rental and an adjuster to come take a look at the car.
Most Helpful
Review
#1692043 Review #1692043 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
The business is closed on weekends and no help for a person in Need over the weekend
Preferred solution
Help with rental and adjuster

United American Insurance Company review in Purdys, New York: Question re overseas travel cover

The message I got was that the offices were closed due to a temporary emergency
Reason of review
Just need to speak to a customer service agent

United American Insurance Company review in Milledgeville, Georgia: WANT TO PAY MY BILL IN FULL FOR THE YEAR

NO ONE ANSWERED AND I DON'T WANT MY INSURANCE TO LAPS
United American Insurance Company Customer Care

United American Insurance Company review: No help at all

For the last 2 years I have contacted United American trying to assist my mother who has a long term care policy since 2000. The premiums gave been paid faithfully and now your so called customer service seems to lose all information. This is elder abuse and my lawyer will be in contact with you soon.
United American Insurance Company Health Insurance
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution

United American Insurance Company review in Suwanee, Georgia: Claim status

,Claim status {{Redacted}}
United American Insurance Company's reply to:

United American Insurance Company review: No questions answered

Thank you for reaching out to United American. We are sorry to learn of your recent experience. One of our supervisors has contacted you to discuss your issue. Should need any additional assistance, please reach out to her directly.
United American Insurance Company Customer Care
3.4

In order to contact an agent for questions on a policy the insured must wait for a call back. This is extremely inconvenient.

I have always liked this company until my agent passed away. Now I cannot seem to receive any customer services.

United American Insurance Company - Prescription Drug Insurance Review from Woodbridge, Virginia

United american part D precription drug plan
Review
#582033 Review #582033 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Not as described/ advertised

United American Insurance Company review in Detroit, Michigan: Part D, transition from drug provider Express Scripts to Caremark

This concerns my enormous frustration with my Part D Medicare Drug Policy with United American. I have held this policy since 2006. They notified me in December 2014 that their provider of meds was changing from Express Scripts to Caremark. That notice gave me no information on how the change would be effected. Apart from a bill (paid promptly), I got nothing more on this subject. I have spent hours (literally) on the phone on hold trying to obtain help; I sent two faxes to the Company, United American, with no response. I am at a loss as to how to order and receive my prescriptions.

Call the customer service number and then yo will get a new number to call that deals with prescriptions hope this helps

Let the company propose a solution

United American Insurance Company review in Orlando, Florida: Denied health benefits after 29 years of collecting premiums

After paying premiums for 29 years to United American Insurance for Major Medical Insurance coverage and submitting claims 2 times, I was diagnosed with Non-hoskins Lympoma in October. I was admitted to the hospital for the beginning of 8 chemotherapy treatments. Immediatly, I began receiving claim denials from UA insurance. I contacted the company twice before I was able to get a current policy sent to my home. This policy was unclear in benefit payout but claim denials were quick and consistant. UA sent a letter stating they had payed the maxium benefits after paying less than $10,000 on insurance claims on my hospital stay and denial of all claims done out of the hospita. l

Did you have a Cash Cancer Ryder? That type of plan pays only between $10,000 and $50,000 cash pay out upon being diagnosed cancer that is it depending on the amount of coverage you purchased.

The plan does specify that. I do not work for them but I am familiar with their plans.

I work in this industry and I would definitely suggest that you review your policy thoroughly, and it would not hurt to engage an attorney who works in medical litigation to have his/her staff review it for you to be sure they are acting legally within the limitations of your policy. IN 20 years in this industry I've only seen one plan that bad, and that was "MEGA" which is no longer with us.

I would definitely research your rights before you assume the insurance company is acting responsibly.

That's a bad assumption to make, pretty much -always.

It is Bush's fault.

If we take comparison of medicare supplement plans with others then we know that this is the best plans for us and our family. The medicare plans are very useful for every one.

John N

I suspect that if you read your insurance contract, it will give you the limits of coverage. It would appear you have reached that limit.

That's what you have been paying for---a health insurance policy which is cheap and has low limits of coverage. You could have gotten a better insurance policy if you had been willing to pay more. To blame the insurance company is totally wrong and ***.

You get what you pay for. You do NOT have a right to free medical care, regardless what the communist in the white house says.

@John N

To nikalseyn: The "communist in the white house" has NEVER said anyone has a "right'" to free medical care. Like all racists, yo have chosen to lie about his position.

What he HAS done, however, through the Affordable Care Act is ensure that you can longer be refused healthcare due to a pre-existing condition.

THe ACA also removes lifetime limits on coverage.

Please check the facts before shooting off your ignorant mouth.

@Anonymous

Gee, a liberal yelling "Racist!" is like children liking candy, i.e., a sure bet under any and all circumstances. Maybe nikalseyn just doesn't like his ideology or policies. Nikalseyn never brought anything racist, but you did.

Wow! I can't belive That!

What did you do to fight against That? there has to be some sort of legal action you can take, or go against their liscence, or something....I can't stand companies like that

What they are doing is illegal. I would contact an attorney immediately.

@Big Guy

The person probably has a Cash Cancer Ryder on their policy. It pays between $10,000 and $50,000 depending on the amount the policy holder selected. Consumer is paid in a lump sum upon being diagnosed with cancer.

View more comments (9)

Do Not Use United American Insurance Company

We love to feel like we are always covered if we get hurt. We were with Blue Cross Blue Shield. United American Insurance Company called us with cheaper (we thought better) rates. Nothing major happened for a couple of years. Well, on our way to Miami, my wife fell down the stairs in the Miami airport and broke here foot. We thought we were covered. After some checkups and surgery, we come to find out we owe $35K. They are now telling us there is a limit to what they can cover. Then why do you offer insurance. We don't need insurance because we have a cold and need medicine. We need to make sure we are in good hands. United American Insurance Company has the worst possible hands. We have now left the company and are with Aetna.

United American has an under 65 policy with limited benefits,and a comprehensive line of 65 and over medicare supplement policies. The term Major Medical refers to under 65 policies that people rarely keep when they reach the age of 65.

The United American under 65 policy clearly states that THIS IS NOT A MAJOR MEDICAL POLICY. It looks like the policy holder never opened the policy to read it.

Not enough info. What Plan of Supplement Insurance did you combine with Medicare to limit your catastophic bills?

If you had Plan F, all bills are paid.

If not you are responsible for some balances that Medicare does not pay for. Everyone needs to know there coverage, not just their premium.

SarahSA

Not unusual at all as I am an Insurance Producer and have only sold one policy with the company and they keep pestering me to sell more; I will not.

Do your homework before buying any insurance. Read-Read-Read.Contact the Dept of Insurance in your state and ask for consumers service division. You may also file written complaint with them and they will investigate.Also, most policys have a 10 day free look provision.Meaning you can review it and return for a full refund.Anything you question of agt, have him put it in writing.Hope this info is helpful.

David T

People tend to believe the salesperson and never bother reading their policy. So don't complaint without doing your due diligents.

I do not know which state you live in or understand you health issues.

Each state has different health insurance and some are better than other. I have found that Golden Rule is the best healthcare (individuals/small business) for the state of Nevada.

David T

To Sarah: Your comment does not make sense. I lived in the UK while working on a project at BT.

UK has public and private hospitals. You would probably be sent to a public hospital unless you had the money to pay for your operations or illnesses. The UK has socialized medicine. It is not the better that the USA Health Insurance programs.

Now, If you feel that the UK has better healthcare. Please go to the British Consulate to apply for your UK Visa. Get ready for a BIG surprise! Liberals keep saying we should have healthcare like the UK and Canada.

I invite you to actually go there and get healthcare. Get ready for a very long waiting list. Also, wanting insurance coverage after you are diagnosed for an illness. Do you get to go buy auto insurance after you have an accident.

By the way, read the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. Get a reality check.

Ummm...maybe because United American is a Supplemental Health Insurance Company and not a Full Health Provider. If your only health insurance policy is a supplemental one...then you get what you deserve. I believe it's called 'Thinning the Herd'.

I need a good insurance that covers liver cancer tumors..Just been dianosed with HCC I have no insurance and need to get one asap dont want to die just because of insurance. Only America lets u die..Wish I was born in the UK where they don't care if u have insurance.

They just treat u. America is all about money if you dont have it they'll let u die of cancer.Sad =-(

Which is the best insurance that can cover lots.

#206439

I have United American Insurance now and think it is wonderful. I had an allergic reaction to some medicine and almost died.

I was in the hospital for a week and they paid everything. But with Aetna they are just the opposite.

I think different insurances are different since each state has their own laws regarding insurance. I am sorry you had such a rotten visit to Miami.

Kymmberlie
#204388

AETNA is just as bad if not worst....find another insurance company

View more comments (10)
Review
#199700 Review #199700 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact United American Insurance Company Customer Service

1.8
Compare United American Insurance Company vs Bankers Life And Casualty Company

Latest Question

United American Insurance Company Questions

United American Insurance Company review in Reston, Virginia: United American cost me thousands!

An insurance rep from United American Insurance Company came to me with this amazing new suppliment insurance that covered deductables. He explained that I should up my insurance deductable to $5000, lowering my premium, pay them $100 each month.. and any cost that went toward my deductible would be paid by his company. Seemed win/win. I made it VERY CLEAR that we went to the dr only once a year and were a very healthy family. I have young children and we are self-employed, so it seemed ideal. About 9 months later, after most yearly exams had taken place, we were informed that they only covered the deductibles incurred while actually admitted into the hospital.... Now really... how often is anyone actually admitted anymore! Before I could change it, my son broke his arm... and here we were with a $5000 deductible to cover!! I was VERY clear with this man about what I needed, and he answered my questions without one mention of it being only for in hospital expenses, nor did he offer the rider for out-patient coverage. I feel they defaulted and owe me a refund, but of course no one has responded to my calls or letters.

They are a scam do a google search on them. I just kicked out two of there sales people out of my house they were scamming my elderly parents.

They didn't know I was in the other room Listening to the lies. Spread the word people.

You're blaming the insurer for you not reading your policy? You failing to due your due diligence does not equal a rip-off by the insurer.

View more comments (1)